10 Best Super Bowl Snacks
The Super Bowl is a time for football lovers and non-football lovers alike to come together over hearty, homestyle, often Mexican-themed food. Whether you’re hosting a party or attending one, any of these snacks will make you a winner, regardless of whether your team is.
1. Gooey Mexican Dip
A classic–second only to seven-layer dip. This dip is incredibly easy to throw together and the pan is always scraped clean.
2. Classic Deviled Eggs
These cholesterol-heavy bites may get a rap as ladies’ food, but they’re rich and salty, which makes them game food, too.
3. Panko-Crusted Spinach Dip
Tortilla chips are the perfect scoop for this creamy dip, which everybody loves.
4. Mini Corn & Leek Flautas
Compact and savory, these flautas can be prepared in advance and are pretty damn good room temperature, which frees you from the oven once friends arrive, and means you won’t have to miss the commercial breaks.
5. Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Pickled Onions
Barbecue sandwiches are a welcome addition to the Super Bowl spread. Make a big batch of pulled chicken and have friends assemble their own sammies.
6. Cilantro Succatash Quesadillas
This is a foolproof filling that even a benchwarmer could score with.
7. Roasted Tomato Hummus
As you may have noticed, we think dips rule the Superbowl spread. Try this interesting spin on regular hummus.
8. Oven-Fried Chipotle Chicken Fingers
This is an easier, healthier take on classic game food: chicken fingers. Try any of the condiments below for dipping.
10. Homemade French Fries with Chipotle Mayo If you were watching the game at a pub, this is what you’d be eating. Best made at home for a small-ish group, otherwise you’ll be chained to the stove, not the tube.