Bite-Sized Mexican Caesar Taco Bowls
Add a spoonful of minced chipotle chili peppers to your classic Caesar salad and you open up a world of flavor. From under a curtain of spicy, creamy, slightly tangy dressing, bright Romaine yields to your teeth with a crunch. To complement the theme, there are cherry tomatoes, avocado, and green pepper.
And what if you make all this bite-sized?
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, preferably whole milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo, from a can
- Dash of chili powder
- 1 small clove garlic, minced with salt or grated on a Microplane
- ¼ cup grated cheese like pecorino, parmesan or cojita
- Salt to taste
- ½ green pepper, very finely minced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, very finely minced
- ¼ avocado, very finely minced
- Half a head of Romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and minced (you'll want about 1½ cups)
- About 30 white or blue Garden of Eatin' Bowl Tortilla Chips
- Limes, halved or quartered, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, oil, chipotle, chili powder, and garlic. Add the cheese. Use a lettuce leaf to taste for salt (you may not need any, since the cheese is salty).
- Add the pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and Romaine to the bowl with the dressing. Toss well.
- Use two spoons to pile salad into each bowl tortilla chip. Arrange on a platter, and garnish with the limes.