Our 5 Favorite Kitchen Ready-to-Wear Items (and a Giveaway!)
Our first-ever BGSK gift guide highlights eight days of presents we know you want to give and receive. To cut through the cluttered shelves of kitchen-oriented goodies, we’re spending eight days showing you the best of the best of the kitchen goodies to wrap up for or unwrap on Hanukkah and Christmas.
Today is Day #3–all about foodie stuff you can wear.
Now that we’ve been food blogging for three years and change, we’ve come to have almost as many frilly aprons hanging in our closet as we do party dresses. And who are we to complain? You really can never have too many fun, girly items that make you feel both chic and capable in the kitchen.
Since aprons seem to be just as popular a gift for food lovers as food writers like ourselves, we thought we’d share some of our favorite brands with you, as well as other fabulous ready-to-wear kitchen presents that we’ve received over the years.
For a chance to win one of these fashionable items for yourself, read on!
**5 Kitchen Ready-to-Wear Items**
1. Anthropologie Aprons. You might have noticed by now by the pictures in our book and on our about page that we’re a little bit obsessed with Anthropologie’s colorful aprons. We each have several styles, but we’re partial to cute frilly ones like this. There’s such a variety to choose from, you can get each of your foodie friends one that really matches their individual style.
2. EatGourmet Personalized Chef’s Hat. Two and a half years ago when we finally got around to throwing our blog launch party, our friend Mike arrived with gifts in tow. What did he have for us quarter-life cooks? Why, two customized chef’s hats of course! Though we’ve only worn them for silly pictures, our “Cara” and “Phoebz” toques really help us dress the part.
3. IceMilk DIY Apron Gift Packages. These whimsical aprons have cute names like “frosty tin marshmallow” and “bowls of batterchild.” The gift package includes a full apron, custom monogram, unique heirloom kit, 25 blank recipe cards all perfectly packaged within a preserves jar. If you want to go the customized route, IceMilk also offers monogramming options that they’ll apply to any of the full apron styles.
4. Totally Retro Foodie Jewelry. For your hipster bud who loves to cook (or is an elementary school librarian), brightly painted, slightly tacky, food-themed jewelry is a hilarious little gift. Ice cream is a popular motif on Etsy; we like to imagine that these pink cones ($7.99) are topped with mint chocolate chip. If you’re going savory, pick these dangly glass bacon and eggs. Adorably tiny apple stud earrings ($15) are a little less out there, and they don’t make the wearer seem like such an obvious foodie diehard she’d wear macaroni around her neck. This baking-supply necklace ($18) also stands a chance of blending in with other jewelry.
5. ModCloth “If You Can’t Stand the Hoot” Apron and Pot Holder Set . Sure, we don’t wear our oven mitts around our apartment quite as often as we wear our real mittens outside of it. But with delightful designer oven mitts and holders like these adorable ones from Modcloth, we just might! We want to look just as fashionable when we take things out of the oven and bring them to the table, as we do when we’re sitting at it, and it’s important to have a whole outfit that matches.
For a chance to win the “If you Can’t Stant the Hoot” Apron and Pot Holder Set from Modcloth, you must:
- Leave a comment below and tell us what you’re giving your foodie loved ones this holiday season.
- Be a subscriber to our newsletter
- Become a fan of our Facebook Page
- (Extra Entry) Tell your facebook fans about the contest – share the giveaway post from the BGSK wall on your own
- (Extra Entry) Tweet about this contest @BGSK
- (Two Extra Entries!) Buy our book online (it’s the best gift anyway!!) and forward the purchase email confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll announce the randomly selected winner next week on the blog. Good luck!
From our kitchen, albeit small, to yours,
Cara & Phoebe, THE QUARTER-LIFE COOKS